- In preparation for unforeseeable emergencies, Chonnam University Children’s Hospital has a multi-phase emergency care system and operates a 24-hour service through the Gwangju Regional Emergency Medical Center.
- The On-Call System with doctors on duty allows quick medical care (within 30 minutes) regardless of department.
- When a patient arrives at the emergency room as a non-emergency case, the hospital will book an appointment for ambulatory care or provide information on other medical facilities that are more applicable for the condition.
- If you notify us that you’re visiting the emergency room as a non-emergency case before reception, however, the hospital may provide appropriate care.
- Depending on the patient’s condition, the necessary emergency treatment will be initiated while diagnosis, examination, treatment, and cooperation with the appropriate specialists are simultaneously performed.
- The result of consultation with specialists will determine the required surgery, hospitalization, or discharge.
- In some cases, patients may be transferred to other medical facilities after emergency treatment.
- The emergency room does not operate on a first-come, first-served basis. The order of treatment priority is determined by patient condition.
Emergency Medical Center Process
Available departments under the emergency room care system
- - Internal medicine, general surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, ob/gyn, pediatrics, anesthesiology, radiology, neurology